Filipino macaroni salad is a favorite Christmas dish for many families, including ours! Every family has their own macaroni salad recipe and secret ingredients that is passed on from one generation to the next. My mother likes putting pickles on her macaroni salad and I personally cannot enjoy mine without cheese. So now, my macaroni salad has both pickles and cheese. What about you?
The Filipino macaroni salad is very easy to make, if you’re new to this – don’t be intimidated by the number of ingredients and all the dicing you will do. The real secret is in the quality of your ingredients. Be sure to use quality mayonnaise made with real eggs (I use Lady’s Choice), condensed milk, and raisins.
How to Make Chicken Macaroni Salad with Lady’s Choice
This is my version of the Lady’s Choice Macaroni Salad. My version uses more ingredients that both kids and adults will love.
2 pcs. chicken breast
400 grams Royal macaroni salad
1 big carrot – diced
1 bunch celery stems – diced
1-2 onions – diced
1 cup raisins
1/2 cup pickle relish
1 bar of cheddar cheese diced (about 2 cups)
2 470ml Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise (2 big foil packs or use 1 1/2 – 2 big bottles of Lady’s Choice)
1/2 – 1 cup condensed milk
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp all-in-one seasoning granules
Mommy Lace Tip: I buy the fresh ingredients on the day I will prepare the salad. This ensures freshness, juiciness, crispiness and vibrance of the salad.
Follow this procedure to cut your cooking time in half and make your macaroni salad even more flavorful.
1. Boil the chicken breasts 10-15 minutes in water with a dash of salt. Just use enough water to cover the meat. Remove the meat from the pot and add water enough to boil your macaroni pasta in. Let water boil first before pouring in your macaroni noodles. Cook for 7-10 minutes. Test and taste 1 shell first before draining all of the macaroni shells and rinsing with running water. This technique ensures you have chewy macaroni salad but not soggy.
2. Let’s dice! Dice carrots, onions, celery, cheese and throw them in one huge bowl to save you from cleaning a lot of dishes. Mix in pickle relish and cheese. Season with pepper.
3. Combine the ingredients by mixing them into the macaroni noodles. Use a wooden or plastic ladle to do this to keep macaroni noodles beautiful in shape. Sprinkle all-in-one seasoning granules.
4. Mix in Lady’s Choice mayonnaise which will make your macaroni salad creamy, buttery, and tasty with the real goodness of real eggs! Add in condensed milk for a little sweetness, you may add less or more depending on your family’s taste.
5. Enjoy together and served chilled! Look how vibrant, colorful, and lively your Christmas Chicken Macaroni Salad can be when you use the freshest ingredients, including Lady’s Choice mayonnaise.
This Christmas, let’s hope that a simple macaroni salad can bring the family together and practice gratitude for all the year’s blessings. Share your own macaroni salad and use #ThankYouTogether to spread love and light this holiday season.
Merry Christmas Mommy!